Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lord of the Rings Elf Miniatures

These are pictures of the Elf miniatures that I've painted from the Games Workshop Lord of the Rings line.

Wood Elf. This was the first one that I painted with Citadel acrylic paints. Before this, I was using Testors enamel paint.


Glorfindel, Lord of the West


Erestor


Gil-galad

Elrond

I really like the way that Elrond came out, but it took some blood and tears. I had finished his face, and I was very pleased with it, but I needed to add a sliver of paint to the tip of the sword before I was done.
So I applied the paint to the sword, and when I had returned me brush to its holder, I looked at the face and there was a massive swab of silver across Elrond's face.

...so it took me a further hour to finish him. Hobby-gut-check for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment